“What did Africa contribute to the Origin of Religion? Lecture, Discussion and Book Launch with Robin Walker”
Robin Walker in association with Black History Knowledge will narrate the origin and evolution of early religious and spiritual ideas in African pre-history and history. He will also launch his new book on the subject Blacks and Religion Volume One.
Tuesday 24 June 2014 at 7.30pm
North West London
Come along to our lecture, discussion, book launch and decide for yourself.
You will find out:
- What is the world’s oldest religion?
- What was the true religion for African people?
- What was Africa’s original religion?
In this session, Robin Walker ‘the Black History Man,’ summarises the research that has been conducted on the origin and evolution of religious and cosmological ideas. He also addresses early African spiritual and psychological concepts that arguably point to indigenous African ideas of good mental health. Finally, he will launch his new book on this subject Blacks and Religion Volume One.
In presenting this session, he has built on the research of earlier writers Chukwunyere Kamalu, Na’im Akbar, Charles Finch, Jacob Carruthers, John Jackson, Yosef ben Jochannan and George James. He also builds on scholarship dating from the eighteenth century Enlightenment era.
You will learn:
- How the Ancient Egyptians preserved the religious ideas of the prehistoric peoples of inner Africa
- How the Greeks preserved the religious ideas of the Ancient Egyptians
- How the spiritual concepts in the Book of the Dead show a sophisticated understanding of human psychology
- How traditional African religions have preserved the psycho-spiritual sophistication and the cosmological ideas of the Ancient Egyptians
The new book is £10.00.
talk entrance fee: £5
Full details below:
IMPORTANT *** Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to CONFIRM your attendance *** IMPORTANT
Venue: Simply the Best Barbers, 365 Willesden High Road, Willesden, NW10 2JR,
Nearest tube: Dollis Hill.
Buses: 302, 297, 260, 266
Date: 24th June 2014
Time :19:30pm sharp
Contact: Any enquiries: call 0208 830 1363 or email email@example.com
All adults are welcome to come along, learn, ask questions and be inspired!
For the book click here
£5 on the door, Children under 16 pay £3.
So he’s not talking about the whole continent? Just Egypt? I need to do more research. Anyone living in London that plans to go?